View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
If someone told you that there is just a chance to help your business that only takes 2 minutes and is free would you try it?

Do you have a 100% close rate on your estimates now? Do you think a potential client would tell you why you lost the bid? How
do you know how many jobs you may have missed out on?

Its so simple to just through on a clean polo shirt and not think about it!! Think about what your saying, you wont take two minutes out of your busy life on something that may improve your business. Something you care about and work very hard on.

Your right. There is always more than one way to do things. But there is always ways to improve. And little things that we do that can make a difference. Nobody is asking you to spend thousands on a marketing sceam that may not work. We are asking for 2 minutes of your time to put on a shirt that may help you land some nice jobs. But even if it doesnt help it was just 2 minutes effort, nothing lost, nothing gained...
Posted via Mobile Device
this isn't about me personally. my argument is much, much more general than that.

it's for a guy who might be thinking about starting his own business and comes to this site to see how to go about doing things. there's all these threads full of posts from guys saying, you have to wear polo's and khakis for estimates, you have to use this brand because its the best, you have to do work this way or that way. so many guys put there opinions down like there facts or like this is the only way to do it. guys like me need to speak up so these newbies will see, well you can do it this way or you can do it that way, they both work.

to improve something is to make it better because the current way is not working as well. that would not be the case with me and how i dress/look when doing estimates. i'm perfectly happy with how many estimates i land. i don't expect to land 100% of my estimates. anyone who does that is doing something wrong. i land what i need and want with work. so why fix something that isn't broke?

Page generated in 0.03595 seconds with 7 queries