Thread: Just some pics
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
That big ugly thing is my son lol

Yes that is a hatchet. You cannot see it but we hold the hatchet in our left hand and hit it with a large dead blow hammer. A lot of areas around here have limestone rock and that bust through the small ones great. If we have good soil [very seldom] we just beat the edging down with hammer and block but most of the time we use the hatchet and hammer first. I goes faster than you think it would and makes a great groove. I have had that hatchet for several years and it is great for small roots when replacing plants, edging, small rocks, ect..

Another one of my favorite tools that was not really meant for landscapers is my cordless saws all. That out of control Crape Myrtle you see in one of the before and after pics was trimmed by it. I use a medium tooth blade for trimmimg small limbs and a fine tooth one for cutting the edging and PVC pipe when doing irrigation repairs.
Great tip, thanks. I keep several hatchets/machetes in the back of my truck.
Thats funny, I keep a cordless Milwaukee Hackzall (the one handed version of the sawzall) on the truck for pipe cutting (I don't carry a hack saw...don't even think I own one lol), crepe myrtles and other pruning, etc. One of the most used tools on my truck.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.

Page generated in 0.03429 seconds with 7 queries