View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmtn View Post
I rented the bobcat the first time not knowing what it was capable of exept that it would fit where I needed it to work. I was shocked pretty much across the board on how it worked. of course it's a tiny machine and no comparison to a larger one. The little machine definitly was much more productive than shovels. it was smooth, strong for it's weight, good controls, and hardly used any diesel. I rented it for 2 more jobs that followed doing the same thing. on the fourth job the bobcat was rented out and i picked up the kubota from another rental place. It didn't do anything as well as the Bobcat which I didn't expect. much less stable, much jerkier when travelling, hydraulics not as smooth. it also seemd to struggle more at max depth coming up with a full 12" bucket. on these jobs we were cutting concrete, then loading and taking it away, excavting down to drain lines replacing bad pipe, backfilling and pouring concrete. next time i will try the jackhammer attachment for breaking up the concrete. Hope this helped,
Thank you very much for your comments!

Page generated in 0.03320 seconds with 7 queries