Thread: What?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Do as I say, Not as I do.

The real point here is in S W Florida's sandy soil with our Rainy/Dry subtropical seasons, there is no way to grow grass or plants successfully without Fertilizing during the GROWING/RAINY SEASON. In order for a Law to be viable, the majority of the Population must believe and follow it. In the case of the No Fertilizer in Rainy season, Most people don't believe in it or follow that law.

A few years ago the Florida legislation commissioned a Fertilizer recommendation study. It was comprised of tree huggers to Fertilize manufactures. Of course U of F was the main contributer. I and several others have posted links to that study here on LS at one time or another. I am too lazy to find that link right now. The bottom line is that study concluded the use of Slow release Fertilizer or Small and frequent Liquid application gave less fertilizer pollution than no fertilizer or Over application of fast release fertilizer. BTW It doesn't have to be rainy season to cause pollution. Excessive irrigation is an other pollution causing issue that the Granola Nuts I don't think realize.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04358 seconds with 7 queries