View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Herler there is learning curve to doing tires with a manual machine.Its all about technique.The more you do the faster you get.Ive done 2 tires similar to yours in about 30 mins total .Always use lots of bead lube .Putting the tire back on the rim I just push the tire over the first bead by hand no tools needed.Getting the second bead on is where it starts to get tough.

A little secret is to push the tire down and into the center of the rim while using the tire irons on the opposite side of the bead and start prying.I've never had a problem with getting the beads to pop up on the rim while inflating.I always put more lube on the beads before airing up .Then I install a locking air chuck on the valve stem and start pushing air then I grab the tire on the sides and push in a little and bounce the tire up and down on the rim.The extra lube added before airing up kinda makes a seal and lets the tire start taking air and it aids in getting the final pop onto fully beaded without having to overly inflate the tire .

I have the same unit you showed there plus a manual unit for small tires and both are very good units that are worth having around the shop.

Page generated in 0.03805 seconds with 7 queries