View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

here is a picture after mowing last week, I got rid of the broadleaf now. Its actually pretty green, its just hard to get a good shot on a bright day. overall, its not so bad now.. I'm glad i didn't use straw.. In the past on overseedings where i'd use straw i remember how annoying the straw germination would get by spring.. I didn't want to deal with that. I just kept the seed bed damp everyday, and it seemed to do fine.

It is a little bumpy from the tilling, but nothing to bad.. it was the easiest route to take for me.. that soil was pretty compacted. I spent time with a landscape rake trying to level it after tilling.. it didn't settle all that uneven like i was thinking it might.. I mow it with my exmark 36 floating deck and it mows just fine, as well as with my honda 21". just slightly bumpy, but not a nightmare to mow or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Zane how are you looking on your yard?I am starting two fescues from scratch this year, any thoughts on to do 's and not to do's, I'm using a harley rake on both, I really don't want to use any straw either, I noticed you didn't use straw? good idea or not? what variety did you choose? I'm in the piedmont section of zone 7 Just looking for the best results, I personally like TTF I know it's a lot of work but it really looks good when cared for properly.
Attached Images

Page generated in 0.03919 seconds with 8 queries