View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallstripesnc View Post
I'm young (22yrs old) and married with three year old twins. I've always watched my neighbors lawn care guys growing up and talked to them about lawn care ever since I was little. I've always loved mowers and cutting grass but I never thought I would be doing it for a living. I honestly didn't think there was a demand for lawn care.

I did lawn care with a friend during high school and worked a few regular jobs but would prefer to be cutting grass and started doing it full time because I love it. I love being outside and being my own boss and of course love cutting grass.

In my area there's tons of lawn care business's popping up and to be quite honest its getting hard to compete. Everywhere I go I see an SUV, small pick up, even cars with lawn care equipment with advertisement. Its hard to compete because supply is almost as much as demand and it sucks for the guys like me who actually love it.

Yes this sucks but I think your disgust is mis placed if the city and state would enforce business requirements half of these so called businesses would not be around the problem is that people that do it right have tons of extra expense and the new guys many times know they can get away with doing it the wrong way. Just my opinion though if this is happening in your area call your city and your state demand acountability and they will laugh at you but this is all you can do.

Page generated in 0.03786 seconds with 7 queries