View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I HAVE FOUND THAT NO MATTER HOW I WOULD LIKE TO DO IT THIS IS DICTATED BY THE CUSTOMER , IF YOU HAVE DIFFERENT TYPES OF ACCOUNTS COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL , BANK OWNED , REAL ESTATE LAWNS ETC. IN ORDER TO PROVIDE GOOD SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER THEY WILL REQUEST DIFFERENT TYPES OF BILLING. i HAVE PEOPLE WHO OPERATE THERE BUDGETT BASED ON CASH AND THEY PAY CASH AT EACH SERVICE IF THEY MISS ME i GET THEM THE NEXT CUT , 2 IS AS FAR AS WE LET IT GO , BUT IF YOUR CUSTOMER MISSES YOU 3 TIMES AND THEY ARE ON A CASH BASIS SOMETHING IS WRONG (RED FLAG) THEY CAN ALWAYS LEAVE THE MONEY UNDER THE MAT , DROP BY THE OFFICE 24 /7 AND PUT IN LOCKED DROP BOX ETC. OTHER RESIDENTIALS WE JUST LEAVE A INVOICE AT TIME OF SERVICE AT THERE HOUSE AND A FEW ON MONTHLY BILLING , COMMERCIAL ACCTS USUALLY MONTHLY , BUT WE HAVE ONES THAT LIKE TO BE BILLED EACH SERVICE THAT WAY A REGULAR PLANT MANAGER CAN SIGN OFF ON PAYMENT ETC BECAUSE IF YOU DO MONTHLY THE BILL AMMOUNT WILL BE HIGH ENOUGH THAT IT NEEDS SPECIAL SIG , WICH MEANS A PAIN IN EVERYONES REAR INCLUDING THE CUST. WE HAVE BUSINESSES THAT WANT TO PAY EACH TIME OUT OF REGISTER BECAUSE THATS THE EASIEST FOR THEM , THE ONLY LAWNS AT THIS TIME THAT WE REQUIRE PRE PAYMENT FOR ARE REAL ESTATE LAWNS BECAUSE WE JUST GOT BURNED SO MUCH BY THESE PEOPLE AND NOW THAT WE REQUIRE UP FRONT PAYMENT WE HARDLY GET THE WORK ANYMORE , BUT WE DON'T NEED IT ANYHOW. SO I GUESS MY POINT IS MAKE IT EASY ON YOUR CUSTOMER TO PAY YOU AND YOU WILL GET PAID QUICKLY SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE WRITING CHECKS ETC SO AS LONG AS WE DO NOT HAVE TO GO OUT OF OUR WAY HOW EVER THEY PAY IS FINE WITH ME AS LONG AS THEY PAY. I THINK IF YOU LIMIT YOURSELF TO ONE TYPE OF PAYMENT YOU LIMIT YOURSELF TO A CERTAIN TYPE OF CUSTOMER AND THIS IS NOT A BAD THING DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOUR BUSINESS YOU MAY NOT WANT A CUSTOMER THAT PAYS CASH ETC KINDA LIKE WE DECIDED WE DO NOT WANT TO DO REAL ESTATE LAWNS BECAUSE THEY JUST ARE NOT WORTH IT FOR US ANYMORE , BUT THERE WAS A TIME THAT THE INCOME FROM THAT SECTION WAS IMPORTANT TO OUT BUSINESS , SO FOR THE YOUNG GUY DO WHATEVER IS GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR CUSTOMER I HAVE A FILLING YOU WILL BE GETTING CASH AND PERSONAL CHECKS IN YOUR NAME AND MOSTLY AT TIME OF SERVICE BUT IF YOU ONLY HAVE 10 REGULAR SIZED ACCOUNTS OR SO I WOULD BILL THEM EACH TIME , EVEN IF THEY MAIL PAYMENT IT STILL KEEPS CASH MOVING.

Page generated in 0.03995 seconds with 7 queries