View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
With a proper, professional appearence its not hard to look someone in the eye and say your check for 1 months service isn't worth my name, business or freedom.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure what that means, but from a brand NEW customer's standpoint I would find it really weird when you have been to my place one time and now I'm already getting a bill for a whole month. Now suddenly some work has been performed that I'm already being asked to pay for but there is a bunch more that I'm now being asked to prepay for? As a customer I would find this annoying and confusing.

I guess if I'm that worried someone isn't going to pay me that I can't trust them for one month's worth of service, I just wouldn't work for them period. There are people you will encounter like that and you have to trust your gut. If you get that feeling from talking with them, just say something like, "after looking more at this job and property I don't feel like my company can provide you with the services you are looking for. I wish you the best of luck." Shake their hand, wish them a good day, and get back in your truck - simple as that. You don't have to work for anyone you don't want to.

9 times out 10 that bad feeling you have is dead on. The longer you do this the easier it is to spot that undesirable customer and avoid them before they become your problem.

Page generated in 0.03296 seconds with 7 queries