View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
You must have bought a bluebird. Those are flail blades. A delta blade assembly is for Verticutting. Why are you not scalping with a reel? Are these zoysia lawns level? What height do they get cut at? Don't use the tine assembly on either zoysia or st aug.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not mowing these lawns but only advertising aeration. The power-raking calls I've received have all complained about the excessive brown in the turf & would like to thin it out for a fresh spring start. These are northern folks that have retired down here & I suppose they don't normally see the dormant grass when it's covered by snow? Most of the zoysia lawns have the checkered green/brown leopard spot look right now. I really wasn't planning on offering this service but since I already have the Husqvarna machine which I purchased last fall & I'm getting plenty of request I figure I might as well jump on it. I'd prefer to have a good method for my first service. The last time I dethatched was pulling a tine attachment behind a Dixie chopper Flatlander 15 years back then switching to an Agri-fab lawn sweeper to pick it all up, was mostly Bahia turf.

Page generated in 0.03722 seconds with 7 queries