View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape bed fabrication. What's your "must have"

Hello,
I have removed the box from my NPR. It was a 20' box. First off, I am installing a dump on the front portion of the chassis directly behind the engine. This will take up 6ft. I am left with an available 14' of frame (171" chassis.) After looking at some other beds I decided I will just build my own. I have materials ordered and arriving tomorrow. I have designed a 14' flatbed to a 4' dovetail, and ending w/ 4' ramps. I have attached a picture of my chicken scratch. The box at the front will have a hinged door folding up and laying flat on top of the cage. The "cage" will be covered in sheet metal to keep things dry, not expanded metal. The floor will be wood. Sides will be flat expanded metal. Dovetail will be 3/4" raised expanded metal. I have a good understanding of how to do the springs on the gates. The cage is only 6' wide and offset to leave 2' on the curbside. We will mount our leaf vac here in the fall, hose out the side, blowing into the side of our leaf box which will be mounted to the dump. Trimmer line holder will be mounted to the curbside railing. Curbside railing won't be folding. It will house trimmer racks and blower racks. Driver's side railing will fold down in case of side loading objects with forklift or to unload items from the side.

Any last minute ideas or suggestions? I'll post some pics up as it progresses.

Oh, Perimeter is 6"x2" tube. Crossmembers are 4"x2" tube. 2x6 wood floor. Railing and framework is 2" square tube. All sitting on 4" I beam spaced to fit the chassis. Steel cost is just under $1400, not including wood floor. I have a local powdercoater that I may use or just paint, not sure yet.

Page generated in 0.04160 seconds with 7 queries