View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Thoughts on Yard Signs

I'm looking to expand from my typical forms or advertising to grow quickly with my expanding business. In the past Ive always done some sort of fliers or mailings to the tune of about 35k homes or so and it has been very successful. Now I'm looking to find other forms to help the growth along.

Ive looked into yard signs and plan to order about 250. I figure Ill stick about 125 in my current clients lawns for 10-15 days at the beginning of the year, then mow them to the other half for another 10-15 days. Ill of course inform them of this and if they don't wish for the sign to be there Ill promptly remove it. For the other 125 I'm thinking about placing them in select busy areas, intersection, and neighborhood entrances. I know these will get stolen, vandalized, ceased by local government possibly, or tick of some people etc. Thus this half wont likely last long, and if they do Ill pick them up after a few weeks anyways.

The place where I'm looking to get them made offers a cheaper on that a few buck lower because the print flakes off after about 6 months, the nicer ones will last great for about 2 years, then fade some. I plan to use and reuse the better one on the clients clients, but was wondering how to approach the areas they will likely get stolen. Go the cheaper route and eat the cost, whether they get stolen or the paint chips they wont be seen or used again. Or get all good signs for an extra few bucks a sign and hope only half of the 125 in busy areas get stolen and I can reuse them?
Maybe of the 250 Ill order make 175 good signs and 75 the cheap ones and strategically place them in the higher of the high risk areas and leave them, use them, or move them around till the paint fades and hope the other high traffic areas don't get stolen during those 2-3 weeks and can reuse them?

I'm only being so anal as these sign will about double my advertising expenses so saving $500 or so would be worth it if the busy area sign are sure to not last long, but if there's a decent shot half will be retrievable I would be OK spending more and getting mostly good signs.

Either way, my clients will have the 2+ year signs that Ill reuse every spring.

Thoughts on my situation or care to share you experiences?

Page generated in 0.03381 seconds with 7 queries