Thread: Winter ending
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah that irks me when people want shrub trimming in april or something. i'm thinking why didn't you get it done in late fall/ early winter when you should do it? i've gotten to where i don't even do shrub trimming. i've only had a few people ask about it over the years. i've only done like 2 small mulch jobs in 3 years so that is rare too.

i want to get where you are. this is only my 3rd year so i'm only halfway to where i want to be. i want to get where all i do is mow and go mid march til the end of october. do leaves in nov and maybe a few side jobs in dec like mulch or whatever. then just take off jan and feb each year and relax, do taxes, enjoy the snow, and whatever.

i don't get calls that much. my first year i got 5 in one day which was great but also hard to do everything at once. they all called the first saturday in april. last year i just got maybe 3 calls a week. they only call from the middle of march into the first few weeks in april. that's when they start thinking about it. i thought it was weird i got a call in feb this year but oh well. i wish they all called in feb so i could have it all worked out before i get started.

Page generated in 0.04937 seconds with 7 queries