View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Im understand you mate.

However, I don't like welding on a deck if I don't have to either, so I'm thinking that you could make it by using a piece of 3/16" angle iron 1 1/2" wide on one side X 3" or whatever you need to get close to the blades without hitting the sails on the highest lift blade you use. Then, all you would have to do is drill two holes and bolt it in. If it didn't work, touch up the holes with any paint you have and then install rubber grommets to keep them from rusting or the touch-up paint from chipping off.
I was too late to edit this into the above post-

The thing is, the VX4 appears to be almost straight across the front area where the grass flows and in how the blades line up across compared to any other deck. If you look at how the three blades are lined up too, it appears that the left blade throws clippings right towards the back edge of the discharge chute where they gather and fall as clumps. that's why i suggested the baffle plate(s).

Page generated in 0.03378 seconds with 7 queries