View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Without even using mine yet I've already modified my factory blades by bending the sails up more. They are pretty thin blades and i just put them in my vice and used a crecent wrench to bend the sails. I read of someone doing that with their timecutter. If that's not satisfactory I've also scouted some blades that will fit. Hole size is 5/8 and length is 15 3/8 measuring diagonal from cutting tip to cutting tip. The exmark blades for their 44" deck is 15 1/4 long. I'd rather go with a blade that's no shorter than what's on there though so I've also found a kubota blade that's 15 1/2 long. There's enough room for them. Yes, drilling through the blades isn't going to be easy... May be cheaper/easier to take to a local machine shop and have them done. There's also some toro blades that could work, but i know those don't have much lift to start with. Something without the big notches in the lift is definitely going to work better, even with the same size and height of sail.

I found these blades on mowpart.com. They have the option to search by length and hole size.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03274 seconds with 7 queries