View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandscaping View Post
There should of been an extra few words in the title of this thread. It should have said those with a business operation with employees and did you or how did you use debt to grow your business. This site has been completely over run with weekend warriors and high school kids who "pay cash for my used mower." In order to grow in this industry where profit margins are relatively small one usually has to borrow. There is a balancing act between how much debt one can incur and how much is needed to grow. Why respond to a thread about using debt in your business if you are in highschool and dont have any credit?
I'm not really a weekend warrior. I have 43 weekly accounts. Not a lot really but I think you saying debt is required in this business is silly at best.

Not saying its wrong or anything. Nobody is mad at anyone for having debt. Just two very different business models. Used equipment doesnt make someone any less professional or cause poor workmanship.

I buy equipments in the winter when those weekend warriors can no longer afford theirs.

When I go to purchase a shop I'll more than likely have to borrow. But borrowing for mowers and even trucks in some cases is silly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03251 seconds with 7 queries