Thread: Compost or Tea
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicsMaine View Post
... (*)So I haven't been pushing the lawn care aspect of my business very hard, and probably won't until next year, but I have been doing a small amount of work on some lawns(been focusing on design/install). ...

(*)... On the issue of enough food for the herd, by mulch mowing for almost the entire season, would this provide enough additional food. I will most likely stick with 2 compost apps per season... ... Thoughts?
(*) Wise decision...

(*)I can say that with our lawns here, that 2 apps of compost for Spring and Fall, while mulch mowing all Season, I would be cycling enough nutients to to have the healthiest and greenest lawn around...

As long as the "Watering" is done within reason... One of the greatest advantages is that high SOM soils keep the plants alive longer with its water retention abilities,,, and too much water is not beneficial to SOM, during the growing season... nor is it beneficial to the microscopic flora that you are trying to feed...

Page generated in 0.04808 seconds with 7 queries