View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Yes, above are correct. Thanks Nate and Ric. But Shorty, your flow rates seem to high, I found 2.37 gallons per thousand sqft. Don't worry if the drying pattern is a bit uneven--that is normal.
And if you are only covering a thousand sqft in 2 minutes you must be the world's slowest walker. What is the swath width you are using?
If you are using a swath width of 6 feet and are walking 2 mph--would be covering 1056 sqft per minute.
At seven foot swath, you would cover 1232 sqft per min, at 2 mph. Even I can do that and I am old. No need to soak the grass with the solution--water and pressure don't kill weeds--the chemistry does the job. Pick up the pace get 'er done before sundown.
Yes I been thinking about this, And I still have some old true green methods installed in me still. ( soaking the grass) funny you mentioned slow walker In fact I am a very fast walker(happy feet) I would get reprimanded for finishing my route too soon, back in the day..lol
Having said that, I was using the lawn at first that I marked off, then I remember that the pavement/asphalt is better to see the coverage. Again I was using a spray wand with a adjustable cone nozzle. I was using the 340sqft method, 1/128 to get my results. making sure the pavement was evenly wet. I Really think I just need a better hand gun & Nozzle, pluss I THINK made a tightwad mistake in using 3/8 id hose.
why?
300ft reels on 1/2 hose are outrageous in price. I refuse to spend that much on a reel.. And I didn't think an electric pump would push 1/2id hose.
I am a solo and I have a set number of wonderful customers that are all referrals that I perform the total lawn care+ for my business. If I did just weed lawn it would be different. I would just get the money and buy a big boy skid sprayer. Nothing beat experience that's for sure..

Keep in mind that I haven't really used this tank setup for weed lawns, just spot spraying round up and shrubs. I have been using dry product weed control and fert. dry product has now become too pricy to continue. So I am evolving to use more spraying.
I don't want to be impulsive and jump out there and spend 2-3k on a skid sprayer. I do full lawn maintenance too, so I don't always want to lug around a tank. I am trying to figure out a way to left it in and out of the truck when I need it, so make a long story a bit longer, I'm in the process of putting together a 150 tank and learning how to construct one vs just paying for it put together.
So I am buying time with my methods.

Page generated in 0.03918 seconds with 7 queries