Originally Posted by redcabo7
TreeNut - I received my offer as well. I'm not real keen on their allotted amount for "maintenance" on existing trees. You would need to use an arborist and keep records.
FYI - DuPont describes the option of replacing trees 1)through their certified list 2)through my LCO 3)my own choice. #1 & #2 are covered by extended warranty, #3 is not.
Just like michiman, thank you for all the information through this thread. Very informative and helped me make my decision. Private messages have also helped me understand what I needed to do. For me, taking their offer is the best solution but may not be everybody's solution. PM me if you have any questions that I may be able to assist with.
I accepted the Dupont agreement also. Based on the amount of damage, location on our property, amount invested and what some of my plans for the main affected are were going forward, acceptance made perfect sense. As a matter of fact, I suspect most would have done the same thing in our case.
There are a few things I didn't necessarily like about signing the agreement but I was never sufficiently convinced going through a long court action and giving 30%+ to lawyers would have solved anything.
This way we can move on - I truly hope all you folks come to a reasonable and fair end to your ordeals. I'm going to keep stalking this board to see how things go for you all. I will also update as to how long it takes to receive payment, how Dupont's tree removal goes and how any replacement trees I may place appear to take to areas where Imprelis was applied.
Good luck to all...