View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn01 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Bumping this for more answers to the other questions.

Still trying to figure out things like licensing, sales tax (if it's needed or not depending on how you obtain the mulch). And what time of year is best for lawn care companies. I say lawn care companies because I see neighbors etc doing them at all times of the year.
For WI Sales Tax you would give your tax number when buying any product that you want to get wholesale to AVOID paying sales tax to the supplier... When you RESALE this product at the higher price for your profit margin, you would charge the appropriate sales tax to the client...

To avoid the paperwork for that strategy I simply purchase the products at their face value, including sales tax and delivery, then list it as a separate item on the Invoice to the customer,,, to get my money back...
I pay myself for shopping around for the lowest cost and the customer learns that the cost they pay has nothing to do with my markup... they gladly pay me for my efforts of doing this excellent work...

That is the SIMPLEST way of doing it as far as I can tell...

Page generated in 0.03185 seconds with 7 queries