View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Exmark Lazer Z 52" deck blowout

Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 exmark lazer z 52" with the ultra vac system. When doing fall cleanups this year (first year with this mower) I noticed a substantial amount of blow out coming from the deck. As you can imagine this greatly increased the amount of time spent on properties. I wrote in to exmark about this issue and I wanted to post the response in case anyone else is having this issue.

"The first thing you'll want to do is check the rake of your deck. If you point the 3 blades to the front and back, then the front tip should measure approximately the height you wish to cut at...The rear blade tip should measure about 3/16" higher.

Something else you can try is removing the dog-leg or discharge baffle that is located right at the back of the discharge opening.

If you continue to experience blow-out, then the baffles should help. The part number for your machine would be 103-4626.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us again."

I haven't had a chance to implement the suggestions, But I will let you know when I do.

Page generated in 0.03741 seconds with 7 queries