Thread: dowsing video
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettMan View Post
I couldnt sleep at a time like that.

I do know that i can make the rod point any way that i like.

The most difficult part was trying to figure out if it was actually working, or if my subconcious was tired of holding marking flags and repeatedly stepping over the schedule 40 pipe that i laid on the floor in my living room.

The angle at which the vertical rod is held, and gravity: proportionally amplified by the length of the horizontal section of rod.

So there you have it, its likely i'll have an extention cord on the floor tonight...
The field in which i was doing the demo in has 0 buried influences. Basically 40 acres of perfect practice property.

Laying pipe and/or wire on the living room floor ain't gonna give you the same effect Rhett.

As i told Grassman, nobody knows where their utilities are buried precisely. Even when you can locate a conductor with a locator, there are usually some nearby influences that will throw the locate off target a little bit. You also have to consider that the wire path is not taut and straight and that you can't see how the voodoo sticks react in relation to the conductor.

There is a definate advantage to practicing in controlled situations. I would suggest to anyone beginning to locate, using a new or different locator or trying a new method or technique, to set up a practice field. Practice til they feel comfortable before trying to locate on a job site.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03538 seconds with 7 queries