View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You asked about moss and I don't see that you are addressing the moss issue... fescue does not spread well, even the creeping red fescue is less than rapid... we are too cold for tall fescue so I have no experience with that... after you see what germinates and what doesn't,,, add a bunch of AR to fill in for the summer and overseed again with your fescues in the fall...
I would spread a little compost after aerating and drive over it only when dry enough to do so... Do you have wheel marks around the trees from the mowers??? do you have any roots showing from the trees more than a foot or so away from the crown???
The biggest problem with grass not doing well in the shade is that people try to grow it as if it were in full sun... too much water/fert... when the grass does poorly the moss takes over...
How big is this lawn??? and what kind of soil are you dealing with???

Growing grass in the shade instead of moss is an artform, yet anyone who will think about it,, can do it...

Page generated in 0.03572 seconds with 7 queries