View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
I agree with you 100%...

But that is not what I was talking about as an LCO... My least expensive lawns as far as charging clients, are also among the best of my lawns and most durable... they are 'mostly' organic but I'm still working on the color that synferts bring to the grass...

I can make more money doing unnecessary and counter-productive apps as "The Big Boys" do, but I prefer making higher wages for fewer and highly productive apps...
That is my economy of not matching product for product and pound of N for pound of N...

So in one sense we totally agree and in another sense you're equating synfert to orgfert... and I reject that idea as a non-starter....
I don't think we agree at all. This is what you were talking about, Follow the dollar and you'll see where your Organic and Green ideas originate and continue to be propagated from... organics is all about money, and that is why it will never go in the right direction...

This insinuates that all those who are selling or using "organic" products are either ripping off LCO's or the LCO's are ripping off their clients because the only possible reason to use these products is to make more money.

I speak with landscapers & LCOs everyday who are looking for ways to reduce the amount of pesticides and conventional fertilizers for many reasons; such as to get good results, reduce exposure due to health and environmental concerns, to save money, and to gain an edge on their competitors.

Blanket statements such as the one you made does a disservice to many hard working, honest individuals and companies. If what you really meant to say was that there are some unscrupulous individuals and companies taking advantage of
a new market, then say that.

Back to your point; if I made the choice to run my business based only on the profit I'm making, there are much better choices.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Page generated in 0.04116 seconds with 7 queries