Thread: First mower
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnguy00 View Post
For the past ten years I have been using a lawn service to cut my grass every week. I am interested in purchasing a zero turn mower. I will be mowing about 1.5 acres a week. I would also like to have a bagger for my mower. I don't want to spend more than 4500 total. In my area there is a gravely, hustler, scag, exmark, cub cadet and John deer. The gravely and cub cadet are 10min and everything else is 20-30min. I also thought about going to Lowes and getting one there. Let me know if you have any suggestions on mowers . Thanks
If you want a riding bagger for 1.5 acres I'm going to say a used Walker MTGHS if you have a dealer in your area to service it. That's what I bought just recently. I can't speak from first hand experience, only a couple years of research. I've read of guys putting over 6K hours on them. The Kohler is said to be good up to 2000 hours or more.

Don't take my word for it, but at least put them on your list if there's a dealer around you which there probably is.

Go to the pro mower section on this site and search for Walker threads. Some guys wouldn't be without one for bagging.

Kevin

Page generated in 0.03925 seconds with 7 queries