View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Smallaxe, Roughly what % of synthetic fert do you use compared to 100% organics?

Posted via Mobile Device
Well I spot spray, which is 100% synthetic... No Pre-M in grass at all, only over-seeding with compost... 100% organic there...

my Spring fert apps will be Milorganite, except for the large areas which are not worth the additional cost... so maybe 80% organic and will duplicate at the end of Summer(80%)...

But only if the Milorganite N is being released in a timely fashion... Dry Springs before the irrigation is turned on, may have the Milorganite just sitting there so I might add 1/2# of urea the following month... I'm a full maintenance operator so I can do things like that with my lawns... it has got to be hard for squirt&fert to rely on Milorganite w/out putting down 4 apps a season, just to be sure...

for the last winterizer app I have to decide whether the grass looks good or not... if the Milorganite doesn't deliver the amount of N needed I'll go with a cheap urea, that is "utilized" by the plants before the ground freezes... the winterizer is typically urea, becuz the as the ground cools off the organic N becomes less available...

My ONLY best cure for trouble areas is compost... I do not know of any "Product" that will out perform compost to make a trouble spot flourish... both physically and nutritionally...

Page generated in 0.03320 seconds with 7 queries