View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A large swale or berm would definately be noticeable, but you may be able to topdress critical areas with sand 1" at a time and slow the flow without affecting the existing grass at all...
If she is willing to lightly rake back the sand into correct positioning after each downpour, this would absolutely be her least expensive option... after a couple of downpours and a couple of additions and modifications you should be able to know exactly what it will take...
BTW, she's purely misguided as to the ground being so wet that grass don't grow, while at the same time saying it doesn't really make puddles, just rivers...
Both statement CANNOT be true at the same time... so expect to go visit during a cloudburst and see for yourself what is going on... I once drained a 3 acre woods during a 2 day Spring rain with a rake and shovel... while the valleys are noticeable they are not an issue for driving or walking, and zero puddles where we have placed good topsoil...

Page generated in 0.03728 seconds with 7 queries