Thread: Compost or Tea
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyWalker View Post
I believe to be efficient with any organic lawn care program one solution is not enough. The basics of organics is to work in harmony with the natural process already happening. Like they said just CT on a hard clay soil with bare spots will not achieve many results but testing the soil and balancing soil ph then creates a better environment for microbes to live. Then adding hardy compost gives microbes from CT food to live longer extending the cycle which will show noticeable results.
I agree completely, that there needs to be a multi-pronged approach to each individual lawn according to its unique characteristics...

The point you've made about "hard clay soils" being tested and pH balaced with compost does little beyond the first half inch of dirt and will form platelets as soon a it has 'standing water' and you're right back to square one... in order to build a structure in clay soils , the problem with 'puddling' needs to be addressed...
achieving tilth in clay soils takes cultural practices that are friendly to the roots...

Page generated in 0.03494 seconds with 7 queries