View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Congrats. The only advice I can give you is diversify. Big contracts are nice but I feel they're nicer when your big and if the sh*t hits the fan and you somehow lose that contract, are either outbid, shoddy work or circumstances just change or their end you don't want to be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. When your bigger I think you can take the hit more with these accounts, just lay some people off and rally but when your solo or a two man team you can sink fast. The big account is awesome, especially to get you a float but I would work hard to make sure that is no more than 1/3 of your business. I know you can't make this happen overnight but I've been in the situation of losing big accounts and man did it suck. Scared me to death. Thought the accounts were bulletproof and I'd never lose them. Well my contact got a better job and left and the company bid it out for the first time in years. I got undercut buy a crappy company. Got the contract back the next year but man was that a crummy year. Anyway no more doom and gloom from me. Congrats and good luck!

Page generated in 0.03499 seconds with 7 queries