View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I mean for my needs right now it works great. It is not the best piece of commercial equipment but holds up fine for me. I have the Kawaski on mine and its a great engine. I ended up buying the mower off of the guy I worked for, who owns a lawn equip shop. I basically got it for free because none of the commercial guys wanted it. Eventually I want to move on to Exmark/Dixie Chopper. How do you like Toro?

Thanks for the advice on the blades. I plan on buying all my oil, some belts, and sets of blades for the year once all my equip is up and running.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's awesome! I would have liked to have a Kawi engine on mine. I'm sure that it will last longer and give you less trouble then any B&S engine, that's for sure! Ah makes sense. That's probably why I haven't been able to sell mine, not that I really want to. It's nice to have a small collection of extra equipment just in case. That sound good! Dixie Chopper doesn't exist where I'm at, but Exmark does. I love my Toro stuff! And because of that I can't dis on Exmark at all since they're the same company. They just usually have a few different controls and colors. The Turboforce deck does great in all types of grass conditions and the mowers have been fairly problem free. One of the reasons I stick with Toro though is because of my dealer. I do have to drive 1.5 hours to get to them, but they have been amazing over the years and always treated me well! At this point I wouldn't buy another Hustler mower, but would love to have another Walker at sometime... if I ever had the actual need for one.

Your welcome! Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know about the mower. You seem to be off to a good start already!
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows

Page generated in 0.03652 seconds with 7 queries