View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Member
After 14 years full time lawn work after the shop moved that I worked at I am seriously considering returning to the shop. I hope my mind talks me out of it, I love the freedom, love the customers ,the challenge but its so damned expensive. Just as soon as we have money stacking up it all goes to taxes, licences, diesel fuel , tires. I have an offer to take a look at a full time job in a climate controlled building ,machine shop work . These last three or four years seem to be turning against the small ,mom and pop folks. Tired of it yet reasonably optimistic. I need the drive back that used to drive me and its waning .Hopefully I will proove myself wrong and will get back on track but looking at getting a couple guys full time and I think of how much has to go through the door to still make it for all of us doing it all by the book. Scary.Its like being a boxer , you climb into the ring each season and learn to bob weave faint yet it still takes a tremendous drive to be the victor. After facing the impossible and each year surviving ,its so hard to get out of your blood. Whereas I`m scared that if I become an empoyee again I will feel half alive yet on the other hand ,it would be nice to come home and do things with the family instead of working till dark....
County Mayo, Ireland, 1844 Settled in Iowa, Territory 187 acres "God`s Country"
Page generated in 0.03522 seconds with 8 queries