Thread: Diversification
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Diversification

Hello, I have been researching how to fix my hydro-gear pumps on my Exmark on Google and I kept getting posts from lawnSite about it. So I started searching this site and found loads of helpful info. I'll be getting my Exmark back together later this week when parts arrive and I think I'll start a thread about my experience with my Hydro gear pumps to pass on some good info.

A little about me- I run a 50 acre sod farm. Last year I ended up getting a large commercial lawn mowing job at a private school near by. I sold this school a bunch of sod over the years as they expanded. They were mowing all their lawns them selves (about 3 or 4 acres). They decided it would be more cost effective to sub contract mowing out. They asked me if I new any good lawn mowing companies and I said I'd do it!

I used their equipment at first but I managed to Pick up a 48" Exmark WB for $800. It had over heated and wrecked the head. $200 and a new head later I had it going. Last week i bought a Bobcat 36" wb mower from a Ritchie Bros. auction for $100! got it going, did have to put hardly any $ into it.

Anyway, I'm pretty busy with the Sod business but I'm interested in expanding into the lawn care business now that I have the equipment. Great site here, and great info.
Bobcat 36" wb
Stihl, And Echo hand held blowers
Honda, And Echo trimmers
2006 YZ 250

Page generated in 0.03491 seconds with 7 queries