View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
Have you ran the ICD deck there is no double cutting with it so that means more production...
Posted via Mobile Device
I've not run the ICD deck on my property but have on another property. The grass we cut in my area that is not irrigated cuts very easily. There are a very few (hardly any) Ferris mowers run commercially in my area, what you mostly see is Hustler, Bobcat, Scag, and Exmark, and I would not necessarily say in that order.

I very seldom ever go back over the same area twice, and never double cut anything. The only thing I may find the need to do is if the grass has gotten really big due to excessive rain, I may need to raise the deck and run over an area at top speed to scatter clippings, and that would only be for a small number of passes.

Believe me when I tell you from experience, a Hustler Super Z is at least 20% more productive than a Ferris mower in areas where speed can be utilized. Now, taking speed out of the equation, if you are on a washboard type terrain where you really need to slow down, I would give the edge to the Ferris with its four wheel independent suspension.

The Ferris has a ride second to none, a cut equal to the best, and a wonderful engine selection. The Hustler has better hydraulics, and is a much smoother operating machine, there is honestly no mower manufactured in today's market that handles and operates anywhere close to a Hustler Super Z. If I mowed smaller properties that are extremely rough, the 3100 has always been my choice, I really like the mower due to the fact of being easy on the body.

Mowers are just a tool, with some brands better suited for certain mowing applications than others, this is due to people in different areas over the country having different needs and desires.

Page generated in 0.04571 seconds with 7 queries