View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have some Shaws brand 26-0-6, 50 pound bag on hand. It has 13 percent XRT poly coated SCU. Partial bag that has been loosely sealed in outside storage since last fall. The Shaws worked fine last fall and is loose not lumpy after storage. Looks fine to me.
I also have some Shaws 23-0-8 with 11.5 percent XRT ploy coated SCU with 0.13 percent dithiopyr, partial bag. Also in outdoor storage for about a year. Still loose and spreadable. Results from last year were fine.

I should point out I got this information from the bag.
Knox Fertilizer Company, Knox Inidana, 46534
EPA Establishment Number, 8378-IN-1. This is the corporate number for a pesticide manufacturing or blending facility, in Indiana.

These are old labels. I think Lesco used the establishment numer 82757-OH-001(M) for Ohio, (possibly this means Maumee Ohio, Andersens).
and 82757-FL-001 (S) for Florida. (Sebring, Florida TCS, I suppose).

In theory, you can check your bags and determine the maker and location of the plant.
I am sure that the specifications and dust control for the Shaws batches going to LescoJDL are different from the agricultural batches, maybe an entirely different production line.

Last edited by RigglePLC; 03-24-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: add

Page generated in 0.03489 seconds with 7 queries