Thread: Winter ending
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm so glad that storm missed us in MN!!
I've been wearing a t-shirt & shorts every day and if I go outside I'll wear a sweatshirt, gotta think summer!!

Mid to upper 30s today and then warming through this weekend into the upper 40s, but a slight cooldown early next week, looks like upper 30s for highs next Monday for the Twins home-opener (what the local news is talking about at the end of every forecast), hopefully it continues to warm after that!

Last year today (the Tuesday before the wknd of Apr. 1st), we started on the first job of the year, a 450 sq ft patio, wrapped that up on Saturday, and also completed another install that Sunday and it had to have been 75 degrees that Sunday!
If it continues to warm next week, I may send some of my EDDM out late next week. I was thinking the week of Mon. Apr. 8th to get out working with an irri & landscape install and then when soil temps warm to 50 degrees, clean ups & pre-em apps but I think we'll be pushed out another week.

Time will tell, in the mean time, most of my equipment is ready to go, just awaiting some parts I bought online yesterday to be delivered and renewal proposals to arrive via mail as I've only rec'd 1 of the 20+ sent. Thankfully I have the book "Green Side Up" to read after finishing "E Myth: Landscape Contractor".
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.

Page generated in 0.03471 seconds with 7 queries