View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Know it all's either back down or they continue to push. That is ascertained at the initial meeting. Which is why the scenario of everyone messing with the irrigation system just to upset me is not likely. I am not there to play games.

I recently had the experience of fixing 11/2 acres of St Augustine at an HOA. I had a mostly willing audience because the alternative was to rip out and re sod everything, possibly having to change it to some kind of zoysia because by initial presentation it looked like the St Augustine was not making it. One of the conditions I imposed was recalibrating the entire 500 head irrigation system to MP Rotators, then running that system to apply 1" of water every 4 days. Then, what was an even harder fight with the homeowners was mowing. HOC was to be no less than 4". People are used to grass being either cut with a rotary set at the lowest setting and everything else scalped with string. No more. Mowing height was set at 4", trimming was done with a Landscape Blade at heights matching the mower and edging of hardscapes done with a stick edger. Timing of/application of fertilizers/herbicides/insecticides was up to me. One year of doing things my way saved this HOA from a $100,000 sod job.
What type of head did the irrigation system consist of, regular sprays? What exactly is this landscape blade you mention so often?

Page generated in 0.03391 seconds with 7 queries