View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Yea. Its costing me about $130 a pop on parts and labor. Luckily, my mechanic gives me top priority and he's close to the shop. He keeps 2 or 3 in stock and I usually have it back by the second day but I lose $1300-$1500 a day in production on average depending on how much we are using it when it decides to lay down on us...and lets face it, push spreaders SUCK

In all seriousness, this was not started to be a rant and I certainly do not blame LT Rich. This is an issue that should be addressed by B&S in my opinion. You can't tell me those coils couldn't be enclosed in some type of plastic casing. I know it wouldn't last forever but it would sure last longer than it does exposed like it is. I wonder if this was a problem with the Kawasaki motors they used to put on them? I never had this much problem out of the B&S that was on my old PG Ultra.

Does the deep cycle battery last a full day of broadcast spraying with the boom??? That may be what I do until I replace the motors if what my mechanics are doing doesn't work

I got your earlier PM. I 'm not far off the main trails in this area. I can get you my number so you can give me a heads up when you're down this way. If you time it just right, I'll let you buy me lunch
Oh yeah. All day and then some. I've run it hard from 7 to 7 before.

Page generated in 0.04629 seconds with 7 queries