Thread: Soil Tests
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Riggle has a good idea about reseeding any bare spots now, before its time to fertilize...

N is not going to be utilized in the plant for a while, as the grasses are going to grow roots off of stored carbs for a while, first... so once the soil warms up and the grasses are growing actively above ground(after 2nd mowing) then would be a good time to apply your nitrogen...

I imagine that a clay based soccer field has a real issue by the end of the season... I remember a public garden with thounsands of people walking through constantly on the grass, would aerate every 3 weeks through the Summer... of course w/outwater you wouldn't want to do that during heat...

Perhaps adding compost cover for your seed, in the more stressed areas would be helpful, since that will help your SOM levels and provide a buffer for the pH... the higher the OM in the soil the less inportant the pH issue is...

Page generated in 0.03134 seconds with 7 queries