View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Down sizing equipment size to become more efficient??

Ok so i may just be rambling here. Going into my 8th season. Ive always thought that having the biggest equipment (full size skidsteer, gooseneck dump trailer etc. ) after looking back over the past two seasons of being fulltime, ive noticed my self doing more hand work(wheel barrow etc) due to my machine being too big for the averge landscape install we do. Take my latest install. Had to shovel/wheel barrow soil into the beds becuz my wheeled skid would have done more damage than good and would have to make 4trips to switch out trailers etc. i added up rental fees for the last two years for a mini skid and i could have bought a used one already. So ive been thinking of ways to minimize time lost due to making extra trips, and time spent doing extra "hand labor".

This is what im contemplating. Focusing on lawn/landscape maintenance and smaller installs. I really want to get a box truck for a dedicated mowing rig .
Sell my big 18' dump trailer and my mustang skidsteer.
Use the money from them to buy the used boxtruck ive got my eye on and the find a used mini skid for $10k or so. Maybe even a smaller bumperpull dump trailer.

I have my enclosed trailer to haul plants/ mini skid. Keeping my gooseneck deckover to haul my tractor.

Ok my ramble is over.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04143 seconds with 7 queries