View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnusskern View Post
Subscribed and did you get rid of your chipper?
Posted via Mobile Device
i did indeed, I'm not a tree service, and homeowners see that. I bought it in november 2011 shortly after hurricane irene, and after i did a month of knocking on doors, and loading my dads mitsubishi fuso dump truck by hand and making a lot of money, i decided a chipper was something i wanted to have to help my storm clean ups go quicker, and make my life easier, I used it for almost a year doing storm clean ups and once my work dried up i sold it, it wasn't a bad machine or anything, but realistically i don't do enough tree work to justify keeping it, and the storm clean ups were done for me....i did make me a lot of money, $$$$$$. I did single jobs in a day where I made enough to pay for the same chipper again, but other then storm work i really didn't do all that much brush removal. so i sold it in January, I paid for it in full it was only 4500 and the day i bought it my plan was to only have it for around a year, then i would sell it and upgrade to a newer one once i start getting into tree work more. plus it was an old chipper. built in 1987 to be exact, while it worked great, i really didn't like the fact that it was a year older then me....

Page generated in 0.03514 seconds with 7 queries