View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcrappymower View Post
So now I should get a tractor?! I am just laughing here. I am so much more confused than when I started on this site. I should get a zero turn, but a not from a box store, but from a box store, but get hustler, but not hustler, but exmark, but never exmark, get a stand behind, get new, get used, stamped deck matters, stamped deck doesn't matter, kohler, kawi, never b and s, b and s is fine,... I think I've let myself get pulled in too many directions because I really am so new to this. I was hoping there would be more direction as to 'right', but I think there is too much subjective to a decision like getting a new mower (am I right about that?).

So, if I am going to buy new (I don't feel I know enough to know good used from bad used) and if I am going to get a zero turn (I know a tractor probably does make more sense for my yard, but a zero turn looks more fun than a tractor and that's important to me as I like to mow)...

-Do I buy from a box store? (Problem is I don't feel there is much for local dealers if I want to get a huster, example can't find anyone that carries husq, just service shops that can probably order me one)
-Does a fabbed deck or frame make any real difference for my situation (mowing my own lawn only)?
-B and S, Kohler, Kawi
-Any other detail that should influence my decision for a NEW, ZERO TURN for my situation to pick one model from another?
Please dont make this harder than it has to be. You had a list of homeowner mowers of which all would suit you well. Simply cross off the Hustler from your list due to a crappy dealer and move to the next one. In fact check them all out and feel out the dealers as well. Any of the mowers on your list will last you many many years as a homeowner. Check out the Gravely next...hint hint.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04818 seconds with 7 queries