View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
Just for the record, I never said the Hitachi/Deere minis were bad units in the first place. And multiple OEMs offer an "Eco Mode".

So before the 6% drop in engine hp Deere's D's were just inefficient machines pissing $$$ out their exhaust? I'd be willing to bet that most of the hydraulic guts- hystat and aux pumps are still the same. I don't think it has anything to do with developing more efficient performance, but more to do with emissions and getting below a mandated hp threshold. BTW...didn't they just go with a simple EGR since it's under 75hp. No real hoops to jump through under 75hp, and I think it's even easier under 38hp.

Sounds like Bobcat's mantra- If you can't fix it, feature it!

Hystat pump flow was reduced 4% probably to increase aux flow by 3%, ground speed was decreased 6% (doesn't mean much) and the standard counterweight was increased 6%.
I think there are some changes to our hydraulics but not positive on that.

Tier 4 affects 25hp up to 100hp for 2013 and we are using both EGR and exhaust filter systems.

My comment about the econo switch was not directed towards who does or does not offer but what we're offering now.

Once I get a chance to put a G series through its paces ill have a better handle on wether we maintained similar digging power or loss or gained. I have most of my seat time on the 35 and 50 size units.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03265 seconds with 7 queries