View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
... #2. All the big application Co. do more Spring than Fall.

#1. People here loose interest in the grass in the Fall. Some even blow out sprinklers and it's still hot out. They also skip the fertilizer as well. The most important one of the season.
Posted via Mobile Device
We do blowouts in Oct., so we are able to aerate b4 the leaves fall, in Sept. which coincides with fertilizer application also...(takes care of issue #1) The grass is actively growing(roots) and the fert is in the holes, collecting water and soaking(leeching) deeper into the profile...

Spring starts with a muddy mess and even though I wanted to switch a client over to Spring to get air to the roots after Spring rains, before they drown it again for the Summer,,, he gave one of the best reason AGAINST Spring aeration that has been ever been uttered: He didn't want the mess early in the season, and deal with the perpetual mud... he was smart enough to NOT rake up the plugs...

My Springtime thatch removal system is a topdressing of compost,,, for Round 1... I realize that Squirt&Fert guys can't do compost,,, but there's no reason that us Full Maintenance guys have to act like the big boys,,, and THAT removes the excuse from issue #2...

Page generated in 0.03319 seconds with 7 queries