View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Obviously if a tire is soft that will affect the machine as it is sitting closer to the ground on that side, however the machine does not roll* to one side in a turn or scalp, the front suspension is set up in such a way that the deck is attached to the axles so if one side moves (for example goes over a bump) as the wheel comes up it raises the deck on that side to to eliminate scalping. This also compensates for any change in the level of the machine that might occur in a turn on a hill or in a dip. I have found it to give the smoothest level cut of any suspended floating deck machine I have tried, the only thing more consistent is an old style Simplicity riding mower because the deck is actually riding on the ground via a full width rear roller that can truly allow the deck to follow the ground, but this is a close second and obviously a commercial grade machine, not residential. The 3100 is a lot of machine, I run the IS2000's for the smaller properties I typically do, but for commercial I would def choose it in a heart beat.

Page generated in 0.04056 seconds with 7 queries