View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushbuster View Post
From what I've read they are a heavy duty Tiger Cat. I don't know why they quit making that model (Wildcat). I wanted the 52" deck but my dealer couldn't find one. I think they come with the soft ride seat. I will check how much extra it would be to have the suspension seat installed as a lot of owners recommend that modification. I plan on getting a spare set of blades but can't remember which model number or who they are made by (G 6?).

Bob
Oregon makes them. The Wildcat is the same mower as the Tiger Cat/Cub. The only difference is a few options not offered on the Cat/Cub. Everything else is the same. If you need a bagger kit and you're buying a new mower, to me it would stand to make sense to just bite the bullet and get new at the same time. I was going to do exactly what you are planning on doing, looking for used but thought about it for a day and ordered a new triple bagger kit. Having the clam shell is nice if it's convenient but the triple bags will hold more. Another thing to consider is if you can't dump the clam shell on site and need to get the clippings/debris in the truck bed (or whatever means of hauling it off) you'll have to handle the debris two times.

If you can remotely afford the new kit, I highly recommend the bagger kit. I have a 61" with bagger and it has the same engine. It lacks just a bit with the larger deck. I'd imagine it would be an animal with the smaller deck.

Page generated in 0.04140 seconds with 7 queries