View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

E.R,,,,
I agree with you,,, that the Milorganite is not going to support the microherd in breaking down grass clippings as readily as chicken manure, compost or even molasses would do... Where Milorganite is superior to synferts is the release of N and other nutrients,,, coincides with the microherd activity as well as, plant activity,,, i.e., when the temps and moisture conditions are right for them all...
It is a more natural growth habit for the dynamic of your turf...

Sometimes it seems that even those other N rich organic ferts have enough free N that they may also produce a topgrowth surge in the Spring, when Milorganite does not...

In soils and plants and weather, there are so many factors coming together and making things happen,,, it takes a lot of discernment to analyse the Whys and Wherefores... The biggest mistake that people make is get ideas from books and lectures, w/out putting it all together in a comprehensive way...

When people insist that this product does THAT or over here we have a product that does THIS, or buy another product to do the OTHER THING, THEN,, it is best to either connect the dots,,, or disregard, becuz there is no one simple idea that describes life and the dynamics involved...

I know that it is frustrating when people are willing to cripple the turf for the rest of the season, by forcing an unhealthy topgrowth and add root inhibitor... I continue for the over-waterers, but will not do much in the way of establishing a healthier turf, becuz it can not be done, with excess water...

Page generated in 0.05135 seconds with 8 queries