Thread: Dot numbers?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneLawn&Landscaping View Post
Not looking for arguments either. Just relaying what I was told by the DOT enforcement officer. Someone talked to a enforcement officer at another PA state police barrick today and was told the same when a trailer is over 10,001lbs. Like I said earlier, wish all states followed the same rules!
They're idiots and wrong.

As I said, by definition, a recreational vehicle is not a commercial vehicle. They have absolutely no jurisdiction over a recreational vehicle.

If joe homeowner buys a trailer with a 20K GVW to haul his personal backhoe from the dealer to his house, they have NO JURISDICTION because the guy isn't making money with it, it is not commercial, it is personal.

People need to know the law so they can combat the ignorance that is spewed by those enforcing them.

Let me ask this, if one of these troopers told you that it is illegal to own a gun, would you believe them? Or go to church? Come on people, use the brains that God gave you to know the laws and tell these idiots they are WRONG when they spew crap like this.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 7 queries