Thread: Dot numbers?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
They're idiots and wrong.

As I said, by definition, a recreational vehicle is not a commercial vehicle. They have absolutely no jurisdiction over a recreational vehicle.

If joe homeowner buys a trailer with a 20K GVW to haul his personal backhoe from the dealer to his house, they have NO JURISDICTION because the guy isn't making money with it, it is not commercial, it is personal.

People need to know the law so they can combat the ignorance that is spewed by those enforcing them.

Let me ask this, if one of these troopers told you that it is illegal to own a gun, would you believe them? Or go to church? Come on people, use the brains that God gave you to know the laws and tell these idiots they are WRONG when they spew crap like this.
Just got off the phone, after a 30 min conversation, with a PA DOT enforcement officer from the PA State police HQ in Harrisburg. The 10,001lb trailer and above is a registration issue in PA, not a PA DOT issue like I was told by our local DOT enforcement officer and definatly not any kind of fed dot. He just cautioned when traveling to other states to be aware of their regulations as some enforce on out of state vechicles. Again, I wish every state was the same and made the information easier to find. If it wasn't for this thread, I may have not called again and would have remained misinformed. Maybe sometimes I dont use the brains God gave me, but I will always keep asking questions, keep learning everyday, and increasing or correcting knowledge!
Blizzard 860HD
7 1/2 ft Western Plow
Toro 7/24 snowblower
2 Toro CCR 2450 snowblowers
48" Allis Chalmers
48" Ferris WB
36" Exmark Viking
21" Toro
21" Poulan Pro
2- Echo PB755H
Echo & Ryobi trimmers
Echo PAS 265 & attachments