View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My girlfriend has a 2011 f150 with the 5.0, not the economist that she uses to pull her horse trailer and let me tell you curse that truck all the time. Now I know it's not the same engine buts it's not the engine I have a problem with, it's everything else. In-fact, the 5.0 pull the 1500 pound horse trailer with 3000 pound of horses around really nice.

What I do not like about te truck is the real suspension, with 11,000 mile on it, I have already had to put air bags in the truck just from keeping it squatting. I borrowed it one night to pick up 10 2x10x10's from home depot and I up the bumper on the ground.

At 11,000 miles already have to do new rotors because the factory's have warped, and it's not from her driving, she actually drives pretty well and has the horse trailer brakes set higher then she should to take more off the truck.

Visibility for backing up is awful, at least in my opinion. So many bind spots with the new re-engineered cab, she has the ext'd model.

Can't ever put a plow on the front of it which I'm not happy about, would be nice to have a boss mount on it have it ready just a a back up in case one of my trucks go down during a storm.

I hope this helps a little, like I said she has the 5.0 not the Eco but all the problems I have had with it would be te same with the eco if I'm not mistaken. Gas mileage on her truck highway is 18 and towing te horse trailer about 9, so not bad and has plenty of power for what she does.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03969 seconds with 7 queries