Thread: 2 Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

2 Problems

I have 2 problems with my yard that I need some pros to help me with.

Here is the first problem. There is a lot of blue stone that runs through my property. This is a very hard, dark blue stone that is almost impossible to break up effectively without blasting. It was a real hassle building the house in the first place. Even a huge excavator with the proper bit had a hard time getting through it. Right in my backyard there is a piece of blue stone that runs underground through the property. Most of it is hidden underground but this one spot sticks up about 4 inches above the grass and is about a foot in diameter. The only effective way to remove it, believe it or not, I have found to use a hammer and a chisel. It is slow and tedious but it breaks up the rock. Jackhammers break and bounce off the rock and I can't blast since the house is already up. It's basically this annoying piece of ledge in the middle of the yard. Any ideas?

My second problem is this. When the lawn guys put in the irrigation system, they for whatever reason did not put any sprinklers in the sidewalk. I need some sprinklers there. The nearest zone has 4 heads in it and according to my estimations it would take about 7 more heads to cover the sidewalk grass. Is that too many for one zone? The first 4 are spray heads by the way. If that is too many, I would have to run a hose about 270 degrees around the house and dig a trench under the driveway and sidewalk to get there as there are 2 segments of sidewalk grass. The valve box is placed in the most inconvenient place possible. (Isn't it always? ) Is there a way to split that one zone into 2 separate zones using another valve to avoid digging a whole new trench? I think I would then need to run a wire from that valve to the clock (Also inconveniently placed)

Thanks for the help!

Page generated in 0.05071 seconds with 7 queries